Northwest Announces New Head Girls Golf Coach David Combs
Waukee Northwest is excited to announce David Combs as their next head girls golf coach.
Combs is also the head boys golf coach at Northwest. He has led the Wolves to state tournament appearances in each of its first three years as a program. Prior to Northwest, Combs coached boys and girls golf at Woodward-Granger for nine years. His coaching experience doesn’t stop with golf, he has also been a boys basketball assistant coach for Woodward-Granger, Dowling, and Northwest.
Combs is in his 13th year of teaching business. He taught 10 years at Woodward-Granger and is currently in his third year teaching at Northwest.
Combs is passionate about teaching and coaching. He says that his purpose as a teacher and a coach is to “educate my students and athletes that a foundation for success starts with a positive attitude, focused efforts, and a growth mindset.”
Combs is married to his wife of ten years, Evan. They have two sons, Carter and Emmett.
Fun facts about Coach Combs:
- Favorite Iowa Courses:
- Davenport Country Club, The Harvester, Spirit Hollow
- Favorite Courses Played:
- St. Andrews (The Old Course), Turnberry (Scotland) Old Head (Ireland), Acadia Bluffs (Michigan), Blue Mound Golf and Country Club (Milwaukee), Erin Hills (Wisconsin)
- Hole In Ones and Double Eagles:
- 2 Hole in Ones and 1 Double Eagle
- Favorite Golfing Memory:
- Qualifying and playing in the 2022 US Mid-Amateur or playing the Home of Golf at St. Andrews in Scotland.