Northwest Tabs Jeremy Heinen as New Baseball Coach
The first baseball coach in Northwest High School history has been hired. Jeremy Heinen will be leading the Wolves in their inaugural season.
Heinen has 23 years of coaching experience, eight of those as a head coach, the last six at Urbandale High School. He also led the program at Saydel High School for two years.
“I know Jeremy is ready to get started and I am anxious to see the level of success the program can attain under his leadership,” says Jim Duea, Northwest Activities Director. “He brings experience and expertise to the position and will generate enthusiasm for baseball at Northwest.”
Heinen’s list of achievements on the high school baseball diamond is impressive.
- Central District and Class 4A Baseball Coach of the Year in 2018 and 2019 by the IHSAA.
- State Baseball Coach of the Year – National Federation of High Schools in 2019.
- Led Urbandale to four state appearances in six years with back-to-back state championships in 2018 and 2019.
- Selected to be a member of the IHSAA Baseball Advisory Committee in 2020.
- Overall record of 207 – 107 (eight years as head coach).
“Coach Heinen’s success as a baseball coach speaks for itself,” adds Duea. “I look forward to watching him build a championship program at Northwest.”
Heinen will lead the Wolves out of the dugout for the first time in the summer of 2022.